Sunday, May 3, 2009

We had a baby blessing in church today. Talk about a renewing of the spirit. The chapel was packed and there seemed to be a huge support network for this young couple who had their first child. I remember the day Dawson received his baby blessing. It was Easter Sunday in Buffalo. Tyler Showalter, my home teacher at the time, did the blessing and he's now married and a new dad himself. We have not spoken since I left Buffalo - but I'm sure now that he is a father he has a sense of great accomplishment.

The priesthood is a powerful entity. I'm very grateful for the powers that they hold. There is nothing greater in this life than a man of honor who gives his life to the Lord and serves with the love and devotion to God as much as his family.

It's been a pretty quiet day. And surprisingly as active as my thoughts have been, I feel quiet today. It's the fresh rain with the doors and windows open. Dawson and I took a enjoyable nap. We haven't done that in a few weeks. We sat on the back of the couch and listened to the thunder. I didn't realize that Dawson hadn't paid much attention to Thunder before. It was fun.

Overall, a nice quiet day. No heavy thoughts, no overwhelming issues. Just a peaceful Sunday with my son. The mental break is welcomed. Tomorrow will be here before you know it and another week ahead. I'm looking forward to what great surprises the week may bring. :)

~Sandy

No comments: