One of the greatest challenges of single motherhood is being inseparable from your child. The little things like "I'm running to the store - be back in a few minutes." "Headed to the gym - be back in an hour."
It is 7:45pm and Dawson is out cold. He is exhausted (I think even more than I) by the time he gets home from school. We play for a bit, eat dinner and he's out. Then what? I straighten the apartment, flip on the TV and fire up the computer. My only way to link myself to the outside world and find out what's going on beyond my office and home walls.
I often find myself "wishing" for time to do a few things I'd like to be able to enjoy. A nightly bike ride. An exercise routine at the gym. The truth is, if I had access to these things, I probably wouldn't be taking advantage of them. The truth is, I can exercise right here in my living room with a video that I actually enjoy when I turn it on. The truth is, I own an exercise bike and I'm sitting on the couch not on the bike. I'm not deprived. I lack will power in motivating myself to accomplish the things I want - but don't seem to work for.
My clothes are getting too tight and I NEED to get some weight off. My sister is finding great success in losing weight and I'm so proud of her. She works very hard at it. I remember after my surgery how easy it was to lose weight. You have NO appetite. Now I can't seem to get enough to eat. That coupled with my sedentary life is not working!
It is almost June already. I have some work to do to be where I want to be by September. I use to be a size 14 and have clothes galore if I'd get back to that weight. That is 40 lbs away. I can do this!
Off to the exercise bike and then I'll clean up dinner dishes. I'll report back tomorrow!
Sandy
No comments:
Post a Comment