Friday, May 1, 2009

Long Term Goals

I spent some time today revisiting my goals over the next year - that I was suppose to be working on since January! And Look, it's May! Lofty ones now that I look at my page. I honestly believe they are achievable - but at what level of sacrifice.

1. I've had a difficult time with my weight over the last year. I've gained close to 35 lbs since being in Idaho. I can probably list an entire book of contributing factors, but that won't solve a thing. The bottom line is that I'm about 50 lbs overweight and I need to do something about it before it gets unachievable. I bought Dexatrim for a headstart which I will start tomorrow. I heard I should not take the pill at night or I'll be awake all night. So, tomorrow morning I'll start. Heck, It's May 2nd - Right! Good of time as any. So, the ultimate goal is to lose 50 lbs by the end of the year. The babystep goal is to lose 10 lbs this month. I got a resitance band - as the flab on my arms and batwings drive me "batty" - no pun intended. I have an exercise bike which I have used on occassion but not consistently to make a difference. This is the plan: 10 - 15 min of reistance training a day - altering legs and arms each day. The bike 30 minutes a day and my ball video twice a week. I get a day off on Monday's to eat really whatever I want but the rest of the week is devoted to healthy choices. I can trade my Monday for another day if there happens to be a special occassion but Monday's we eat lunch out at work so that's my free day for now.

2.) Saving money. I've gone to a cash only basis and that has tremndously helped over the past year. I have saved so much in fee's that I use to accrue that it's not even funny. Probably make you sick. I live within my means. Do not subscribe to cable or any other day to day luxuries. My cell phone is prepay and considered a luxury. When my minutes are done - so is the phone until next refill date! I don't have a car payment - I drive a used modest car that works great. The only "luxury" Dawson and I afford is his school and our two trips to Buffalo each year. My financial goal is to have $15,000 in my trading account one year from today. What that will mean is to continue my savings rate that I contribute to now, take the payments from debt that will be paid off this August and apply that excess to the account and take 75% of any commissions I make over this next year go directly to the account. I get to keep 25% of commissions in my spending account for day to day things.

3.) Read my scriptures. I long to be more in touch with the word of the Lord. I will take 30 minutes every morning to develop those skills and at a minimum of 1 hour on Sunday's to study, journal and understand readings from both the Bible and The Book of Mormon.

I'm going to set my goals to those three things for now. When I have a handle on my reading, exercise and savings - I'll move onto the next one taking my strongest goal off the list and adding the next weakest goal to develop. In the batter's box is Love and Logic program.

I'm excited! It'll be a great achievement to have these accomplished.

It'll be great!
~Sandy

No comments: