Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fasten Your Seatbelt

 


Seems everyone needs security. Dawson was insistant on buckling in his "Super Pig" whom he's named Lucy one week, Ed the next. Not sure of his/her name this week. But there "it" sits on the couch. Dawson puts blankets over him/her when Dawson is cold. Shares his dinner - even shared an apple earlier today. I'm greatful Dawson has acquired skills of caretaking and empathy. It makes me proud that he's developed a conscience.

I watched him while at dinner the other night and the music was playing in the background a little louder than normal. He had his eyes closed, chewing a corn dog and in perfect rhythm moving to the music.

I often wish I were that in tune. Remember the days when you actually knew how to relax. I feel impatient lately. Rushing through the day, not having a desire to wait, enjoy. I feel an imense lack of security. I have everything to be secure about. I have a secure job. I have a place to live. I have a decent income. I have money in the bank. I have a super little boy, food in the fridge, clean clothes. So, what's to feel so insecure? The person you could turn too. Of everything I have, the Lord is feeling so frustrated that it's never enough. When it is. I'd really like to understand why I need to feel secure arms around me. That nothing could go wrong. It's been years since I've had that. Everything rests on my shoulders.

Today I was tired. We spent the entire day yesterday at the park, running around, playing. Dawson had friends over. We played games. Dawson helped me make brownies. Today, I just wanted to rest. There is no rest. Back to the park. Constant conversation. There is no joke when someone said parenting is Full-time. Out of frustration before dinner, I sat on the couch and said, I need a break. Dawson sat with me for about 3-5 minutes. I'm probably being generous. "Break over" he yelled and said can we walk to the park now. Leaving a messy apartment, which was clean when we woke up - off we walked to the park. It is a beautiful day outside. But, I need a break.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: